Friday, August 31, 2012

Regrets

I can't say that I have too many regrets in my life. Sure, I've made some stupid decisions and done some things I'm not proud of, but everything I've been through has brought me to where I am now. Now sucks sometimes, but I wouldn't trade my life with Tim and Piper for anything. Looking back, though, there are a few things I wish I had done differently.

I wish I had cherished those sleepless nights and newborn snuggles more.

I wish I hadn't gotten annoyed when Piper was up at 4am ready to play.

I wish I had really appreciated my first pregnancy. (I enjoyed my pregnancy, but I took it for granted.)

I wish I had lived in the moment more, instead of always looking forward to what came next.

I wish I had cared a little less about having a spotless house. (I'm still working on this one.)

I wish I hadn't listened to all those people who told me I would spoil my baby if I held her too much.

I wish I had been better about keeping up with Piper's baby book and writing things down.

I never imagined that I wouldn't get another chance to experience it all. I want to live in the now and cherish the little moments more. In the midst of everything else going on in my life, I don't want to lose sight of the blessing I already have. I don't ever want Piper to think that she wasn't enough.

  Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment