Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Progress!

At my growth ultrasound last week the boys estimated weights were 5 lbs 2 oz (Carson) and 6 lbs (Tucker.) These are great weights! Pretty much average for a singleton at their gestation, but twins are typically on the smaller side. Our boys are healthy and growing, and I'm officially carrying around 11 lbs of baby! Actually, it's probably closer to 12 lbs now, since that was a week ago, and they should be gaining roughly 1/2 lb each every week now.

I'm 35 weeks and 4 days, only 3 days from my goal of 36 weeks! I had my first cervical check this morning and we're making progress. I'm dilated 3 cm and am 50% effaced. Basically, as my hubby so eloquently put it, I'm a ticking time bomb. It could really be anytime now. Carson is still head down, but my stubborn Tucker has flipped to breech again. That doesn't mean automatic c-section, but it would be ideal if he would flip back over. I'm trying to prepare myself for every delivery scenario. Obviously, the most important thing is getting them here safely, but I know I'll be disappointed if I end up with a c-section.

I feel like I've hit a wall. I'm so uncomfortable. I spend most of my time sitting on the couch, and I'm getting so bored. But I have pretty much zero energy and if I'm up for more than a few minutes my feet swell terribly. When I go from sitting to standing, the weight of my stomach makes it feel like it's going to rip off my body. I really only leave the house to pick Piper up from school. Part of me is so ready to have these babies and get my body back, but at the same time I feel like I need a few more weeks to get used to the idea of caring for two newborns! It's still not really real, and I don't think it will be until they're here. I know I'll miss pregnancy once they're here, but it's difficult to really enjoy these last few weeks.

Not much longer now, though! We're so close to meeting our boys!


34 Weeks

35 Weeks

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment